Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Data retrieval

• Please log in to reply

Drahtguy

Drahtguy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a buddy who has a old Dell 2350 desktop computer (WXP) that was all gummed up with viruses and spy-ware. It got to the point where he could not start this computer normally. He says it got the point where he could only surf the net in safe mode (which I didn't know you could). Then he said he was no longer able to even do that. He has now bought a new computer.

The problem is he has lot's of music on this old computer that he does not want to lose. He asked me if I could somehow retrieve it. What would be the easiest way to get this computer to start long enough to retrieve his music? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Hard drive enclosure.
Make sure, you scan the drive with up to date AV program.

pedxing55

pedxing55

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Another helpful tool that you can use over and over is a SATA/IDE to USB cable. I've found them to be very helpful and cheap. Here's a good, cheap one: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812232002.