Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A website doesn't load completely, and can't access another.

• Please log in to reply

Danish989

Danish989

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I'm having trouble accessing the website: www.deviantart.com

I've attached screen shots of what it looks like through Firefox.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I've also tried accessing it with IE 7, and even Google Chrome, but I'm getting the same thing each time. Also, the web page takes quite some time before loading up as much as it does.

I haven't noticed the same trouble with any other websites, and I also tried accessing the same website with Firefox in Ubuntu (also installed on the same laptop), and it worked absolutely fine. So it's definitely something wrong with my Win XP.

Also, I read somewhere that I could be getting this problem due to out-dated java plugin. So I tried accessing www.java.com/getjava to download the latest version of that, and the website seems to load for a few seconds, after which I am met with "Connection Interrupted" and the site doesn't load at all. (screenshots included)

Posted Image

Looking forward to a response. And thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
No problems with FF 2.0.0.20 or IE. Try clearing all cookies, cache for both browsers via their respective Tools Options/Internet Options Menus. Make sure you are not blocking images via any installed browser plug-in/add-on or external security program. Even try adding the URL separately into Load Images/JavaScript and setting it to "Allowed". Could try running Firefox in its Safe Mode (NOT Windows' safe mode) and resetting all Internet Options for IE.