Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

freezing on a white screen

• Please log in to reply

KelleyK75

KelleyK75

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello! I am really hoping someone can help me! I have Windows XP and use AOL as my internet provider. When I am on a website and click on a link which would come up in a pop-up window I get a white screen that freezes and I have to reboot my computer. Every once in awhile I will just be on a site and not doing anything and the white screen pops up out of no where and the computer freezes. Any ideas on what is causing that? I am really frustrated that I can't even look at a site without freezing. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!!

Advertisements

TURKISH

TURKISH

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Can you please confirm that the Pop up window is the problem and not the main screen?

Is your computer a

Compaq Presario or Compaq Prolinea?

KelleyK75

KelleyK75

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello! Yes, the problem is when you click the link and the pop-up window comes up and freezes. You are on a website and it will say click here for something and when you click that and a pop-up screen comes up for that link the computer freezes. It only happens when it is a pop-up window. When it's a link that just changes your main screen to that page it doesn't happen.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1100.

Thanks!! :tazz: