Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP Media Center edition 2005

• Please log in to reply

BOBBYJ

BOBBYJ

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I was trying to help fix my friends jacked up computer. I figured I'd back up everything and start over. I didn't understand why she had no re boot disc. So I downloaded another version via bittorrent. When it asked me for the serial number i put in the on off the original sticker on the side of the computer. It didn't work. So I just used the boot legged one that came with the torrent. Now 2 months later, we got problems. I later found out, all I had to do was hit F10 to re install windows. She owns a legal license, how can I get it to work again?

Advertisements

shinybeast

shinybeast

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello BOBBYJ

If you can access the recovery partition (F10), that's the way to go. If you cannot, I think you will have to contact the manufacturer and get a recovery CD from them if it is available.

Someone may come along and have a better idea. I don't know of anything else.