Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Advice on system Build please

• Please log in to reply

tmmedic20

tmmedic20

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok guys im not building the system myself, but im looking at a few diffrent laptop builds for a gameing system. Unfortunately im not as adept with computer parts as i used to be but i do understand the basics and some advanced things.

So here it is.

Option 1
T9400 2.53 6mb cache 1066FS CPU
4GB DDR3 Ram (expandable to 8GB)
9700M GT 512MB DDR3 GeForce video card (dedicated)
320GB 7200RPM HDD
18.4 inch monitor

Option 2
P8600 2.4 3mb cache 1066FS CPU
4GB DDR2 Ram (system max)
9800M GT 1gig DDR3 GeForce video
320GB 7200RPM HDD
15.4 inch monitor

These are the 2 systems im looking at... Question is does the CPU power in Option 1 over power the video options in option 2. Basically which one of these sytems is the better system and why?
Im trying to find the best gameing system i can for under 1500 dollars these are the 2 best i could find.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance
Tmmedic20

Edited by tmmedic20, 23 February 2009 - 06:48 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Either one would be good. I'd probably choose the first one if this is for gaming, as it has the bigger screen.