Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need MP3 disk recorder for computer!

• Please log in to reply

Da Dark Jedi

Da Dark Jedi

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm looking for a disk recorder for MP3 files & WMA files. I don't have an Ipod (that's in the near future) but my car deck plays both files thru the head unit. Also I looking for the best program out there to transfer my Audio CD's to a MP3 type of disk. Can someone please help.

Advertisements

Karloskar

Karloskar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi There,

any CD burner will burn MP3/WMA files to CD. There are plenty of brands to chose from. Pioneer, Lite-On, Sony, LG and more. Everyone will have opinions on which is best and everyone will have stories about which is the least reliable, and chances are that all brands will be mentioned at some point. Pick one, pay around $30 and all should be well.

If the burner comes with bundled burning software, you can use that. If it doesn't come with burning software the free version of DeepBurner works quite well.

Good luck.

Karloskar

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
You can use Windows Media Player to rip the songs from your Cd's to mp3 you just need to make one little change. This guide will help you . When you burn them to CD just make sure that you are burning a data cd and not a music cd.

Da Dark Jedi

Da Dark Jedi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks to all. Gnomad 1600 I'm unable to display your link. Why a data CD and not a music cd?

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I may have misinterpreted your question as wanting to burn mp3 CD's. You can burn them as a music CD, they will burn as wav files like a regular store bought CD. You will be more lmited on the number of songs that you can put on the CD. If you burn them as a data CD's then they will burn as mp3 files which will enable you to put typically over 100 songs on an mp3 CD. Though your player will need to be able to play mp3 CD's. Sorry for any confusion.

Karloskar

Karloskar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
If you burn it as a music CD it will convert it back to CD audio and you will only fit 74/80 minutes on a CD.

I would probably use CDex over Windows Media Player, but that, again, is personal preference.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you don't mind having a much better sound chipset than the factory ones, and might even like the idea of a excellent CD ripper/player, then buy yourself an Creative Sound card and install it on your computer. The "Play Center' software that comes with the Creative card, is the best player/ripper i know of . And if you ever buy a new computer, just install the card in the new computer and you still have the best you can find.

The only problem you may have is you will need to spend some money on a good speaker system to get the good sounds to listen to. A good 5.1 system will do wonders for your ears. Think around $200 for the sound speaker system.

Even just a Audigy value card is great.

http://www.soundblas...u...189&listby=

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16829102010

SRX660

Da Dark Jedi

Da Dark Jedi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I went to Soundblasterand this is what I found... Creative Media toolbox 6! For $40 bucks seems like a good deal, so I'll look into the sound card from them also. Any software out there that may be better for burning and such?