Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COnnnection Problems

• Please log in to reply

sh0rtie

sh0rtie

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Lik whenever i turn on my laptop the internet is connected but receives so little connnection tat only aim works and not my internt browsers. When i try and open firefox its just a blank white page loading.... After around 2hrs then i start to receive more iinternet and everything starts to work.

the other comps at home seem to work fine except for this one

SO how do i fix this ?

Edited by sh0rtie, 23 February 2009 - 10:10 PM.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hey sh0rtie and welcome to G2G :)

Please ensure that your computer is free of malicious software by following all of the steps listed in this thread. If, after performing all of those steps, you're still experiencing issues, please do Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log from that thread, and ensure you post your log in our Malware forum, for one of our Malware Removal Experts to have a look at.

In the mean time, please do the following, immediately after you start your computer, or when you're experiencing said issue:
  • Press Start
  • Select Run
  • Type cmd and press OK
  • In the new command prompt window, please type the following commands (*Note: each ping will take approximately 10 seconds to complete; wait for the command prompt to return before you type the next one. Also, the single '>' and double '>>' are intentional; please type the commands exactly as they appear):
    • ipconfig /all > C:\results.txt
    • ping localhost >> C:\results.txt
    • ping google.com >> C:\results.txt
    • ping 209.85.171.100 >> C:\results.txt
  • Once the above commands have completed, navigate to your C: drive and open the text file results.txt -- please copy/paste the contents of this file into your next response.
Thanks,
- Dan