Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista home premium edition

• Please log in to reply

rhilinvan

rhilinvan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I just bought a new laptop that came with Windows Vista home premium edition. I use a program that pcworld recommended to keep windows in order. The program is called Advanced systemcare, anyway it finds a few problems that I don't know what to do with. So it made a hijackthis compatable file that I will add now. Also I have a problem with windows media player, not playing dvds, and windows media center playing dvds but locks up the computer from time to time, hopefully those are listed in the hijackthis file.

I have been updating windows regularly, hoping that would fix it up.

Attached File  Hijack_Analysis_Report4.txt   4.94KB   263 downloads

Please Advise, and thank you for your time,

rhilinvan

P.S.

I should've mentioned that it's at the end of the advanced systemcare scan that does a security scan that it comes up with about 40 running apps in the background. That's the main problem that I'm concerned with. Wasn't sure if it's just a vista thing or what.

Edited by rhilinvan, 25 February 2009 - 05:57 PM.

Advertisements