Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox "Not Responding", Process keeps going after Closing

• Please log in to reply

Becky715

Becky715

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hello-

Ive recently went ahead and posted in the Malware Removal section of the forum and received plenty of help, in fact my PC is running better, but still not 100%. The Mod there advised me to post here so see if anyone can help me with the rest of my problems. Here is a link to that thread:

Malware Thread

So here is the problem that Im still having:

Whenever I open Mozilla Firefox to surf the internet, it takes a few moments to open up then once the window is open its completely white and at the top it gives me the "Not Responding" message. After a few moments it'll kick in and my homepage will load up. Also, sometimes while browsing the internet, while pages are loading...the "Not Responding" message appears again for a few moments..then it starts to respond again. Happens almost everytime I try to switch between tabs also.

The other thing is that when I close Mozilla Firefox for whatever reason....the process remains for a very long time after Ive closed the program...sometimes over an hour. So when I go to re-open the program, I get the message telling me that a process for firefox.exe is already running, please close it to open another. To which I have to open the task manager and close the firefox.exe process before I can even re-open the browser.

Lastly(I feel this is all connected, possibly) Almost every program I run takes a few to start up, seems to run alittle slower than before also....yet if Im steady using whatever program...it tends to work normally after a few so long as Im continually using the program. With the exception of the "Not Responding" that happens while switching tabs on Firefox.

I apologize in advance if this isnt the thread I should have posted in, just going on the advice given to me. So if this isnt the right thread for some reason, please point me in the right direction.

Thank You for any help in clearing up this matter with my PC.

Advertisements