Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program For Professional Move Making

• Please log in to reply

IaBi

IaBi

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Heyah Fellow Geeks,

Can anyone here recommend me various programs for professional movie making

Cheers
IaBi

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Free or paid?
There are numerous programs out there. How in depth do you want to go in editing your movies?
They can be simple to extreme.
I have been using windows movie maker for my basic editing.

IaBi

IaBi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Im not bothered weather there paid for or there free
i want to do extreme professional movie editing etc ...
Can you recommend me a program ?

kath3

kath3

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi LaBi,
Not sure if you have found anything yet?
I have used Windows Movie Maker on numerous occassions with great success :) . It's very user friendly. You can do a lot with it. You can add still shots, video clips, or merge the two together.
You can create an opeing page for your movie, add credits to the end. It comes with some preset openings and closings or you can create your own. There are numerous preset transitions for merging from still to still. You can add background music ... the sky is pretty much the limit. I :) this program!
It came pre-installed on my Vista and I had it on my Windows XP.
If you decide to go with this program and are needing extra help please feel free to ask.

kath3

kath3

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi again LaBi,
Just did a little researching on the net and it looks like there is a new version of Windows Movie Maker called Windows Movie Maker 2 which has a few more options than my version.
Also it looks like it is free to download, and is for OS Windows XP. Think I'll give this one a try myself.