Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor wont work, help please!

• Please log in to reply

Denjira

Denjira

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, My pc used to run fine until power supply change...
I also think some wires were unplugged and replugged so it might not be in the right place.

Mobo: Ausus P4PE
Vid card: Radeon 8500
Processor: P4 2.4ghz

When I turn on my pc, the fans run (including video card's fan) and regular power up light turns on.
There are no beeps, monitor doesn't turn on.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I'd be eternally gratefull =)

I uploaded some pics.. gives you a small idea of what I'm working with, might help, it might not.. added it just in case.

http://denjira.sizzly.com/Archive.zip

Advertisements

erinx3

erinx3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey

I am having the same exact problem.. I just got a new Power Supply and now my monitor doesnt go on! I am still trying to figure out whats wrong with it.. did you find out yet whats wrong? or can anyone help?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well first things first consult your manual or a website that appropriate and make sure its all plugged in right if you have an empty power slot on the mobo and a pin from the psu that matches it plug it in. Make sure you havent just knoked the card out the slot a bit as the fan would go but the card wouldnt. And give the PC a go over with the hoover its manky. Push that plug in again make sure they are fully connected. The only over thing i can think of is to clear the cmos it seems to be a solution to many unkown problems but wait to see of anyone else has some better ideas before you try it.

erinx3

erinx3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok thanks.. i tried to see if maybe the plugs werent in all the way and i unplugged them and plugged them back in and still the same problem.. im not really good with computers

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you have onboard gfx try them. Or if you have another gfx card give it a go even if its an old one just to see if its a gfx problem.

Denjira

Denjira

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, there isn't an onboard card on my pc and the connections seem alright... Dont have manuals for this pc.. was built awhile ago..

How would I clear the CMOS?

Edited by Denjira, 17 July 2005 - 02:42 PM.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

How would I clear the CMOS?

View Post

The easiest way it to power off the PC,unplug it from the wall socket,open the case ,ground yourself by touching a screw somewhere on the case,look for a battery (looks like a big watch battery),pull the tention arm and it should pop out,leave it out for a few minutes and put it back in (flat side UP)..plug the PC back in and hit the power button

you will have to hit the Delete key to get back into the BIOS