Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

keyboard and computer crashed

• Please log in to reply

ldaugherty21

ldaugherty21

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok i have a couple different things going on. First my computer crashed a little while ago. It keeps restarting itself. So a friend to told me to try to start it in safe mode and when I tried to do that the keyboard stop working. I went out and bought antoher keyboard and the lights flash on for a sec and go back off.Is my computer a lost cause. Please help!!! :)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
Hi and welcome to geeks to go.

As part of startup, the bios will look for keyboard and mouse as well as a few other items. The keyboard will usually flash for a split second all 3 lights (num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock). That indicates it found the keyboard.

As soon as you turn the computer on, slowly tap the F8 key to get to a screen that will allow you to get to some choices for safe mode and last known good configuration.
Try last known good configuration.
Then, if needed, safe mode.

ldaugherty21

ldaugherty21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok thanks I will try that.I'll let you know if that will get me back on track :)

ldaugherty21

ldaugherty21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The keyboard is not working.It got it to the screen where you can make a choice but the arrows are not working.