Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

looking for a wireless adapter to buy it

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey guys i just need a little help for this im looking for this wireless adapter:

Atheros Wireless Network Adapter (AR5001 through AR5007)

Can someone tell me where can i buy it? if u find a website selling it for a cheap price i will appreciate this
cuz i dont wanna spend that much of money i mean if u can find a good price for my wallet :)
thank u! and have a good day. :) peace up!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Why do you need that specific model?
A wireless adaptor is a wireless adaptor. You can get them in USB, PCI or PCMCIA (for a laptop) for pretty much peanuts.

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
If I am not mistaken that is a mini pci wireless adapter for a laptop. What model laptop is this for?

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
well im gonna use it on my old laptop its a == DELL INSPIRON B130 ==
so i think doenst matter wgat kinda laptop i have i just need that model or u think i cant use that model on this old laptop?
well if u have any other ideas pls tell me about it and if u suggest another kind of wireless adaptar try to find a similar model to this almost exactly pls cuz i need to use for something okay thank u!

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey guys ive been waiting for days and no one has answered me yet can u pls give a hand i just need to find a website that sells this adapter.

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
As stated this is an internal wireless card. Your Dell should have an internal wireless card of it's own. Does the one in your laptop not work? Why do you think that you need this particular model?

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
yeah it has and i just need it i just wanna buy it man can u tell me where can i buy it ? thank u!

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
can anyone help me pls!

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
I've had a look around the web for that specific make/model, and I can't really find anything to help you. My suggestion would be to try to contact the manufacturers to find their nearest retailer.

You seem extremely secretive/evasive as to why you need this exact make and model :) What's up?

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
at least can u find a different version but same model ?
no matter what version or how is it but i just need that version i will appreciate that please.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey does anyone can help me ?

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
can someone help me pls ? i will really appreciate it

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
can u at least give me the manufactor's phone

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Your best bet would be to look at their Contact Us page; I think you would fall under a "general inquiry", so you'll need to send them an e-mail.