Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

windowsXP not uploading after full destructive system recovery

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I hav a desktop HP Pavillion mediacenter m7580n 2005 with windows XP mediacenter edition.Few weeks ago noted my PC was infected ( anti virus programs warnings AVG)tried to clean with available anti virus tools but couldnot remove it fully and all the time new warnings,bought Norton Anti Virus 360 program but it did not help,meanwhile internet connection on my PC crashed could not be revived even mediacenter,sound and help support functions and PC diagnostics and restore functions did not work at all got error messages all the time,finally decided to do a full destructive system recovery,which was initially difficult as I got bluescreen and a message STOP )xC00021A{Fatal System Error} The Windows Logon Process terminated unexpectedly. and the PC shut down.
I had backup files on a external harddrive and I ran that so I could perform a full destructive system recovery process (done several times) but after that while uploading get Windows XP logo and after about one minute PC shuts off by itself and keeps on doing this.Have tried to boot from recovery CDs which I bought from HP did not respond,I found my own set of recovery CDs which I had done afterr buying PC and I get message " These PC recovery discs do NOT support this PC model Press any key to continue" when I press any key PC shuts down and restarts.

I I have tried several times but unable to start windows xp As I bought from Bestbuy HP didnot send any Windows XP CD only product key label on a side of the PC.

I hope you can help me to solve this problem so I can revive windows XP OS and re setup.

I donot know how I got virus but according to messgaes(error) it seems Backdoor NTHack virus from a remote host initiated by the DI.bat file in the InetPub\Scripts folder as per Reimage.com website.