Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up a secure wireless network for Macs and PC

• Please log in to reply

nicoalexa

nicoalexa

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi,

I just moved into a house with a few other people and they have a wireless router for their internet. Right now they have two Macs and I have my PC on an unsecured wireless network that they had set up. I would really like to make this a secured connection with a password but I'm not sure how to do it since there are going to be the three different computers using the connection. I know nothing about Macs...could someone please walk me through setting up a password for our network?

Thanks!

Advertisements

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Which Internet Service provider are you using?
Was the Wireless Router provided by the Service provider or was it purchased?
If Purchased, which make and model.

nicoalexa

nicoalexa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Our ISP is Time Warner and the router is a Belkin Wireless G 2.4 GHz - 802.11g Model #F5D7230-4. Thanks!

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Start here; http://www.belkin.co...d...77&scid=221

CAUTION: If you don't understand what the information on that page is doing.
Don't do it.
You could lock yourself and your room mates out of your ability to reach the net.