Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Movie Maker 6.0? Do i have it?

• Please log in to reply

aqua7alien

aqua7alien

• Pip
  • 2 posts
How do I know if I have windows movie maker 6.0 or not? I'v downloaded some tfx add ons but they're not showing up in movie maker and they say that they only work in movie maker 6.0.
Are they not showing up in the effects and transitions because I don't have the right version?
How can I tell and if I don't have 6.0 can I get it for free somewhere?
Do you guys know of any green screen downloads that are good cuz I can't get it to show up in movie maker?
Help please I can't find any answers anywhere.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Movie Maker 6 is part of Vista by default. It's only available at this time in Vista.
The version of Movie Maker in use is determined by the capabilities of your graphics. If it can't cope, it'll be running version 2.6, otherwise it'll be version 6. There are no other versions under Vista.