Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor goes grey after I intalled RAM.....

• Please log in to reply

BL00DY_R0AR

BL00DY_R0AR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I thought you just burn the ISO directly to the disk to make a boot disk :) that explains all the CDs that I trashed lol. So I use that ImgBurn program to make boot disks from ISO files?

With that mentioned, is there a way I could just use my USB flash drive so I dont have to waste a CD?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Nope.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Actually Broni, they have an option for using a USB Key, the downside is that the computer must be capable of booting from a USB device (many are not) and the USB device will ONLY have this program on it, you can't store anything else on it when using it for this program.

That being said, the program imgburn is easy to use.

Download the iso.
Choose Write Image File To Disc
Open the iso file by clicking on the little folder icon and selecting the iso.
Insert the writable disc.
Make sure Verify is selected.
CLick the burn button (looks like a file with a green arrow next to it pointing to a CD).
Let it burn.
Done.

You can check it by seeing if there is a lone text file there.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

the computer must be capable of booting from a USB device

Thanks. I forgot, some may have that option...

BL00DY_R0AR

BL00DY_R0AR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Okay I think it's working now. The funny this also is that when I got there, she said it hasnt been doing it in the past day or so(after I drove an hour of course......)

I ran the RAM test on the new RAM only.. tested out fine. Cleaned out the inside of the tower real good with a can of air, and left just the 1GB in there; I took out the old RAM like you guys suggested. I havent gotten a call from her yet, so maybe thats what fixed it :).

Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate the help and advice! All of you were a big help to me!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Good news...I hope :)