Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Video Card Recommendation

• Please log in to reply

mrgraves76

mrgraves76

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I'm looking to upgrade from on-board integrated graphics and I need a suggestion as to what video card to purchase. My computer has the following:

Windows Vista Basic
3.5GB Ram
PCI Express x16
300 Power Supply

I'm looking for a card that supports Direct X 10. Also, I'm not sure if I can use a ATI card because my current on-board chipset is by NVIDIA. Does it matter? I know I should upgrade my power supply but I have to order it from HP because of my chassis so that is out of the picture now. I really just want a card that can run World of Warcraft and other low level games at a better FPS. Right now I get about 25 FPS, I'm looking for something that can double that.

I've only found one so far here http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814150257

I've read some decent reviews about it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by mrgraves76, 25 February 2009 - 11:16 PM.

Advertisements

tylerscool

tylerscool

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
dont waste your money, corsiar power supply 550 watt can be pretty cheap and then get like a 9800 gtx. You can put an ati card, but nvidia are better cards anyway.