Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blocked IP address - not able to send emails

• Please log in to reply

Stuck24

Stuck24

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My IP address on my laptop has been blocked by the CBL database at www.spamhaus.org. I have contacted them but they are unable to help. This is preventing me sending emails from the laptop, though I can receive emails and access internet.

I understand this is due to a the IP address being used by a trojan or similar virus
http://cbl.abuseat.org/

I have an up todate Mcafee virus scan and have run this and no problems have been reported nor virus found.

I have tried to remove the Ip address from the database but it is blocked again immediately.

I am aware that I have been receiving spam email from an address the same as my domain name for a while but cannot do anything to stop it.

My questions are:

1. How can I identifty which virus is causing the problem with Mcafee not finding any

2. What else can I do to detect what virus has hijacked the computer?

3. Any other help or suggestions to get the IP address unblocked

Thank you for any assistance

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hey Stuck24,

Please perform all of the steps listed in this thread. If, after following all of those steps, you're still experiencing issues, please perform Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log from that thread, and ensure you post your log in our Malware forum, for one of our Malware Removal Experts to have a look at.

Thanks,
- Dan