Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

have error code Stop 0x00000024

• Please log in to reply

cld8806

cld8806

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Earlier i was on my computer and it was dying down because lately the charger hasn't been working properly. So as i was in the middle of what i was looking at, the computer died. well as always i just turned it back on and was willing to mess with cable to the battery just to keep it on for however much longer i needed it for. well as it was loading up the the norton antivirus thing was loading then computer died again. so i turned it back on and it took me to the norton thing again but this time its tellin me that something didn't get completed and would i like to complete it. well not really thinking about it i clicked no and then nothing happened so i turned the computer back off and turned it back on and it took me back to the norton screen and asked me the same thing again so this time i clicked yes and then nothing happened again...so i turned the computer off once again and turned it back on and this time it took me to a screen with options of booting the laptop up in safemode and starting it up normally and a couple other ones. well i tried booting it up normally and it takes me to a blue screen that stays up for like a second and then my computer just restarts and takes me back to the screen asking me if i want it in safe mode and all the other options. so i try it in each of the options it gives me but i get the same thing as before. this blue screen error that i can't really read and then the laptops just restarts. well i just recently just now figured out that the blue screen is telling me that i have the error code stop 0x00000024 and that its a "A problem occurred in the NTFS file system driver, Ntfs.sys. This critical file is used to read and write all NTFS drives."

and so now i'm like freaking out...cuz i'm not sure that any of this can be fixed and that my computer has crashed and that i've lost everything that i have had saved from music and pictures and other files. and if it can be fixed how do i get around my computer continuously restarting itself when the blue screen pops up. because nowhere on the internet i've seen so far can give me an answer for that.
has this happened to anyone else? and were you able to save your computer and the data that came along with it? if anybody could help me out and help me try to ease my mind i'd be greatly appreciative
Thank You

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Check here: http://www.retospher...f...menu_id=24

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to repair the problem by using Recovery Console. For this you will need xp installation CD. If you don't have the CD try to borrow one.

To get to Recovery Console insert the disk into the CD drive and reboot the computer. Windows Setup screen will show up. If it doesn't, enter BIOS and set the CD drive to be first priority boot device.

Let Setup run until three setup options are shown. Choose Recovery Console by pressing R. When asked for XP installation, type 1 (assuming you have only one operating system installed). When asked for password type your password or press Enter if you don't have a password. A black DOS-like screen will show up.

At the prompt type chkdsk /r and press Enter (please note the space in trhe command). Let the process run to the end. It has several stages and can take quite a long time. When finished, remove the CD and reboot.