Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Upgrades?

• Please log in to reply

nofinga911

nofinga911

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi I have windows vista and was wondering if I should download the service packs? Also, how is windows 7? Should I get that instead? If not, are there any other updates I should make to my vista>?

Advertisements

creepysound

creepysound

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
SP1 for Windows vista does contain some Critcal Security Fixes and Should be downloaded and installed based on Microsofts Reccomendation.

Windows7 is only a Beta as of this time, and you can no longer download it as the download process has now been closed by Microsoft. (if you get it from un-offical sites, then you could run into problems according to Microsoft)

Once you Download SP1 and intall it for Windows Vista, you should then run windows update again to get any new critical updates for your system and install those too.
Please keep in mind that between all those updates, will take a bit of time. You could be looking at about 2-3 hours between the SP1 and updates after.

nofinga911

nofinga911

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

SP1 for Windows vista does contain some Critcal Security Fixes and Should be downloaded and installed based on Microsofts Reccomendation.

Windows7 is only a Beta as of this time, and you can no longer download it as the download process has now been closed by Microsoft. (if you get it from un-offical sites, then you could run into problems according to Microsoft)

Once you Download SP1 and intall it for Windows Vista, you should then run windows update again to get any new critical updates for your system and install those too.
Please keep in mind that between all those updates, will take a bit of time. You could be looking at about 2-3 hours between the SP1 and updates after.

ok great thanks a lot for all the info...I will dl sp1 tonight before bed lol...