Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Sharing XP

• Please log in to reply

cduncs

cduncs

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there,

I can't seem to turn Windows media player 11's media sharing on.

Every time i boot up windows media player it says:

"Media sharing is currently disabled, either because the sharing services is not running or your firewall settings have changed. to restart sharing, you must first confirm your sharing settings."

Then it comes up with the media sharing box, and i click "share my media", and it freezes for 10-20 seconds while it attempts to start the service. it then takes me to the sharing settings screen where i allow my Xbox360 and other computers access. I click ok and again there is a 10-20 second pause, and then it's all over and nothing has changed.

- I have looked in services and it starts and stop and then displays the message:

"The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

- When i googled the problem i found that many people had problems with the Universal Plug and Play Device Host, But mine is running fine as well as the SSDP Discovery Service.

- I tried to reinstall the program and that didn't work either.

I would really appreciate it if you could help, or point me in the right direction to fix the problem
Thank you so much

Chris

Advertisements