Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Start up problems

• Please log in to reply

Tyler C

Tyler C

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hello, i dont know if i am in the right section, but i need some help.

My computer has a mind of its own. I guess depending on how it feels that day it will respond accordingly. Sometimes when i turn it on, nothing happens. The monitor just stays blank and says no signal. Other times after i give it a break between attempts it will just start right up. When i turn it on and nothing happens, the tower is still running and everything sounds the same. So i dont know what i should do, and was just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on how to fix this. Also, i cannot format my pc because i lost my recovery disk.

Thanks, tyler.

Thomas Ørum

Thomas Ørum

• Pip
  • 7 posts
It might be an annoyingly stupid question and if so I appologise, but have you checked your monitor cable for dammages and/or for loose connections (not propperly plugged into tower/monitor). It's just that a problem here will produce the issue you experience

Edited by Thomas Ørum, 01 March 2009 - 08:43 AM.