Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer - Application Error

• Please log in to reply

Taylor30

Taylor30

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I was asked by Broni on the Windows Forum to post here with my problem.

I keep getting this message each time I try to search Files and Folders:

Explorer - Application Error
The Instruction at 0x03890054 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be "written".

I have run Antivirus scan, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and still see this message pop up.
I have followed the Malware Forums "Start Here" and also run "sfc /scannow" with no results.

Computer is an HP Pavillion 2.7 GHz Celeron, 1 Gb Ram, Windows XP Home 2002 version, Service Pack 3.
H.D.D 69Gb with 15.6Gb free.
Internet providers Anti-virus program, Malwarebytes' Anti Malware.

This error message pops up each time I run a "Search".
Start> Search>For Files or Folders... I can search for everything successfully except "All files and Folders", once I try I get the message.
It also appears when I try to access a folder in my "Documents and Settings", only this one folder.

I need some assistance on what this error might be telling me.

Thanks!

Advertisements