Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware doctor

• Please log in to reply

traveler818

traveler818

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I uninstalled Spyware doctor because it was giving me problems. When I uninstalled it, I started getting the error message" Pc tools not working: rtl100.bpl not found" every time I log on. So I reinstalled it but still get the same error message every time I log on. Windows' solution was to go to PC tools, and install an updated version of the program. It won't let me install the updated version until I uninstall the existing version, which I thought I did successfully once, but I still got the same error message, "PC tools not working: rtl100bpl not found". The program will not run anyway. Then when I try to uninstall Spyware doctor, I get "pctsgui.exe not found. Runtime error at 257.2958 Move file.exe failed code 5 access denied". I can't run it or uninstall it. Windows says to install a newer version but I can't install it over the previous program. And I can't get you an RSIT message for my RSIT log file regarding my phishing scam post which is in the waiting room, waiting for the RSIT file. It just keeps getting worse. And even if all the above succeeded I can't find the newer version and I now have SpywareBlasters and Spybusters, which I believe, unless you tell me different, is enough. I hope I posted in the right place. I think I'll always be a new user. I've had this computer since december and all I do is deal with problems.

Edited by traveler760, 26 February 2009 - 09:32 PM.

Advertisements

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Give me a minute, I have to start up my Vista Virtual machine.

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Click on Start, then All Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt.

A Black window will appear.

Type msconfig

You'll get the Nag screen, say continue.

A new Window will open.

Click on the startup tab.

Look for Spyware Doctor, Uncheck the box
Click Apply, Click OK, it will ask you to restart the system. YES restart.

Send me a message when your back up.