Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thunderbirds Webmail Addon having problems

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi everyone,

A while ago I asked advice on Email programs and I decided to use Thunderbird for my parents computer and my girlfriends. Everything worked great the first day, but now either of them cannot send emails. Thunderbird downloads the emails that are sent to them, but if you reply or try to send a new email it says something to the affect "The message could not be sent: negative vibes from (their email address). It is the exact same problem on both pcs.

P.S. I am also. which I believe is required, using the aol and hotmail extensions along with the webmail extension.

Can someone help me? I'm tired of tinkering with it, tried a few different things and nothing works.

Thanks,

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Negative Vibes is typically caused because Microsoft keep changing the Hotmail site faster than the extension can keep up with it.

In Thunderbird, do Tools -> Addons -> Find updates as the Webmail extension is version 1.3.2 and the Hotmail plug-in is version 1.2.22.

Also go into the Hotmail properties for the add-in and ensure it's set to the appropriate Hotmail version, which in most cases is Hotmail Live.
Also log-in to the site through your web browser and make sure it's not showing you an announcement when you first log in - tell it not to show you again so when you next log-in it'll go straight to the Inbox.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Also log-in to the site through your web browser and make sure it's not showing you an announcement when you first log in - tell it not to show you again so when you next log-in it'll go straight to the Inbox.

What do mean exactly? Log on to aol.com and hotmail.com and do that?

I will have to wait for the hotmail instructions...not at girlfriends house. I will try those things for aol now.

I'll get back to you.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Neil,

I had aol.com remember me and clicked on the box that says stay signed in until I sign out. It worked!!!

I think that fixed it. I will keep you updated on how the hotmail extension pans out at my girlfriends.

Thanks,

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Neil,

I updated the webmail and hotmail addon. Only the webmail had updates. I also had hotmail remember the password. She can send email again!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, and she thanks you too!

she really likes programs like thunderbird/outlook instead of the mail online.

I'll let you know if there are any problems.

Thanks,