Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AV firewall

• Please log in to reply

madwdpcbrkdwn

madwdpcbrkdwn

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
hello guys. I have a desktop and a laptop PC. The desktop is connected to a wireless router and my laptop is sharing my internet connection via the router. I can surf the internet in both desktop and laptop. However, when I try file and print sharing, my laptop cannot find my desktop. I've tried disabling AV firewall and right on, I can print and share file. But do I have to disable the firewall everytime I need to connect to my desktop?

In one of the post, I've read that I can set my AV to trust my laptop, so I don't have to disable firewall. but how do i do that?

thanks a bunch.

PS. I'm using McAfee Virus Scan Plus 2009

Edited by madwdpcbrkdwn, 27 February 2009 - 02:46 AM.

Advertisements

madwdpcbrkdwn

madwdpcbrkdwn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
hello guys. I just figured out how to set McAfee to accept my laptop. I opened McAfee Security Center. Clicked Report Logs. View logs. clicked the IP address of my laptop. then clicked Trust this.
And now, my laptop is happily connecting to my desktop and vice versa.

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hey madwdpcbrkdwn,

I'm happy to see you managed to fix your own issue :) Thank you for taking the time to post how your issue(s) were resolved; feedback is always appreciated :)