Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ialmrnt5 display driver

• Please log in to reply

sanross

sanross

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
hello,

whenever i run the game called FlyFF, after sometime i will get a error message telling me that my ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped responding and ill have to restart my comp...

i have noo idea what to do

plz help =)

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
If I had a crystal ball, I could look into it and see what kind of computer you're talking about here! :)

sanross

sanross

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
ah yes...bout my comp.

yer its a Fujitsu T4020 (tablet pc)

i use the Windows XP Tablet Pc Edition
512 RAM
1.73 GHz processor
Service Pack 2

sorry im very noob in this technical stuff...any more info that could be of help??

thank you

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

sorry im very noob in this technical stuff...

No problem! :)

People have had trouble with running games on enbedded vid cards such as on your tablet PC. You might try reinstalling your video driver from the Fujitsu website. Fujitsu doesn't like to offer direct links, so you will have to enter the information for your model number and such in the provided link.

Edited by makai, 27 February 2009 - 08:27 PM.

sanross

sanross

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
hye,
yeah i went to the link...and i got lost...so i tried my luck and went to driver downloads and entered my comp. info. Then i clicked on video...it downloaded the a .exe file...i have run it and followed all instructions...what do i do now?

EDIT: i tht of playing the game just to see if the problem was solved...well it wasnt...but now i manage to crash the comp faster >.<...sometimes the game is still running but is disconnected from the server...

Edited by sanross, 27 February 2009 - 11:01 PM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
It might be that your tablet is just not meant to run the game very well. You might as well uninstall/reinstall the previous display driver.

Go to Start>run... type in devmgmt.msc

In the Device Manager window, click on the plus sign of Display Adapters, then double-click on the listed item below (should be Intel)
Next, in the Properties window, select the Driver Tab, and click on Roll Back Driver , then click OK.
You will probably have to restart your computer.

You might want to contact the Help services at FlyFF.com to see if they know of issues with playing the game on your tablet PC.

sanross

sanross

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i have tried reinstalling the driver ... and now the problem is less frequent...

as for my comp not being able to support...i think thats not the reason cuz i have been playing since last year...prob started 2 days ago.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
If the problem only started 2 days ago, then why not run System Restore to a point before the problem started. Perhaps something changed something and a System Restore may just fix everything.

sanross

sanross

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i have tried it to almost 30 days ago...but the problems still persists

is it possible that i have a hardware problem instead of a software problem??

thx =)

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

is it possible that i have a hardware problem instead of a software problem??

It's possible, but if everything else is working fine and the only time you have the problem is when you play the game, then it's sorta unlikely. Some people get the same problem running Sims on tablets and there is even an Intel driver made especially for running the game... however, its a for a different chipset than yours.
In my sig is a program called Mobile Meter. Download it and have it monitor the temps while you're running the game. After the game crashes, check the temps and see if your tablet is running hot. Maybe you just have to clean it.

sanross

sanross

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
ok ill download the programme...but i just reformatted my comp after the problem first occurred...so my comp is quite clean =)