Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HIS HD 2600XT Fan 512MB/256MB GDDR3 AGP

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
I have the opportunity to get my hands on a HIS Radeon HD2600 XT 512MB/256MB GDDR3 AGP for my computer and this would be a significant upgrade from the ASUS GeForce n6600 256MB graphics card I have installed now.

The clarification I'm looking for has to do with the core clock and memory clock speeds for the HIS Radeon HD2600 XT 512MB/256MB GDDR3 AGP. According to the gentleman I'd be getting this card from the core clock speed is 400MHz and the memory clock speed is 800MHz. He provided the model number of the card H26XF512AN and the following link to the HIS website to confirm that information:

http://hisdigital.co...duct2-361.shtml

The core clock and memory clock speed he indicated and supported by the link to HIS surprised me as I thought this video card had a much faster core clock/memory clock speed. As I did some investigating myself, I found this same card listed at newegg and tigerdirect with different specs for the core clock/memory clock speed. Here are the links:

Newegg http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161208

Tigerdirect http://www.tigerdire...AIN#detailspecs

Both newegg and tigerdirect show the specs for the core clock speed to be 800MHz and memory clock speed to be 1400MHz. However, both also show the model number to be H26XF512ANP, which includes a 'P' at the end of the model number that is not shown by the model number found on the video card he has. That model number again is H26XF512AN. Also, the picture he provided of the card looks exactly like what is seen on the newegg and tigerdirect websites.

So, with all that said, my question is this...why the discrepancy in core clock and memory clock speed between the manufacturer's website (HIS) and the two websites selling the product (newegg and tigerdirect)? Could it be that the model number with the 'P' designates a unit with a higher core clock and memory clock speed, or does that 'P' not make any difference at all?

If there is anyone knowledgeable about this, please reply. I only have a short window of opportunity to make my decision.

Thank you!

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
There is no difference between the HIS website and Newegg specs. The RAMDAC clock is 400Mhz. The Core clock at Newegg refers to the Engine Clock at HIS, which according to the HIS website is 800Mhz. The Memory clock is 1400Mhz.

You need to scroll down the page on the HIS site and look at the "detailed" Specifications. You'll see they're the same as Newegg.

I have no idea what to "P" stands for... might be the 1080"P"

Edited by makai, 27 February 2009 - 02:59 PM.

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Ahhh, found it. OK, cool...this will work. Thanks Makai.