Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Power Point Viewer

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[size="3"][size="3"]We have a desktop computer with Windows XP, MS Office 2003, and we have Power Point Viewer. We have two email programs on this computer. The default program is Microsoft Outlook with one email address. The second email program is Outlook Express with a different, single email address. Both email programs receive numerous emails with attachments that open with Power Point Viewer. When we receive these emails to the default email address on Microsoft Outlook, they open up with no problem. When we receive these same emails on Outlook Express we cannot open them. We get an error message saying "there is no program associated with..." the email and we should go into Folder Options and choose an association.

First, I would like to know how to get OE to recognize Power Point Viewer and use it the same way Microsoft Outlook does. If that is not possible, I would like to know exactly how to find a place in Folder Options where I can choose to get the email to open with Power Point viewer. I have never been able to find a way to follow the instructions given in the error message that says there is no program associated with...etc.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.