Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PackardBell Easynote B3605

• Please log in to reply

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Hi,

I have a PackardBell EasyNote B3605 which has 1gb ram anda AMD sempron 3000+. but as you know the sempron is a bit rubbish.Ihave been given an AMD athlon64 mobile 4000+. The specs i can find say that the motherboard is athlon64 mobile compatible. i swapped the CPU's out and now when i try loading the laptop it starts posting then restarts. I cant get into bios or anything, but i can see that the post is showing the new processor.

This new CPU works because i have the old laptop which boots. my laptop still works because i am now back on the sempron. I can not get to the CMOS battery because its well buried on the topside at the front of the motherboard.

has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Glen

Advertisements

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
I think i posted this into the wrong board, can an admin move it to the upgrading board please.

Thank you

glen

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
sorry about all the posts but i can not edit my previous postsit appears that IE8 can not display the editing options.

i wanted to correct the processor speed. it isnot a 4000+ its 3700+

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the only upgrades for your computer is ram according to the packard bell site here...
if you can.... give me a link showing a upgrade for the cpu

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
i have not found anywhere that says i can upgrade the CPU but it does say that the motherboard is compitable with ATHLON 64 processors "Supports AMD Mobile Sempron or Mobile Athlon64 CPU"

that suggests that the CPU is upgradable but packard bell does offer the support on how to do it.

does that makeany difference?

Thank you for your reply.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your best bet would be to go here and put in your SN and ask them