Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN Fatal system error

• Please log in to reply

asb447

asb447

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I am helping a friend with his computer, when i boot up a blue screen comes on and says:
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down.

Can you help please????????????? :))

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did you try Safe Mode, or Last Known Good Configuration?
The above error is usually caused by software. Anything installed recently?

asb447

asb447

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thank yu for the response! I couldnt get into safe mode or last known good so i re-installed the operating system, i am able to boot it now but i have the Data Execution Prevention- Microsoft windows error box reading:
To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program.
Windows LOGON UI

When i try to close the box the windows LogonUI encountered a problem and needed to close box came up and it wont let me send the error message to MS. I appreciate the help!!!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
At what point does the message appear?

Edited by Broni, 28 February 2009 - 11:40 AM.

asb447

asb447

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Ater i re-installed the OS it came up on re-boot, after clicking many times on th box it went away, i am afraid to re-ottit now in case it wont boot again...........

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Try to disable DEP: http://forums.techar...als/1119812.htm

asb447

asb447

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thanks for that! I followed the directions and checked the box with the LOGON error and re-booted. i now have:

svchost.exe- Application Error
This instruction at 'ox00730664' referenced mmory at 'ox00730664' The memory could not be written.
Cick ok to terminate the program
Click CANCEL to debug the program.......

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
How did you reinstall Windows, over the top, or clean install?

asb447

asb447

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I didnt want to format yet to see if i coud save it because they havent backed up the documents etc so i did it over the top, so i knew i would still get errors but thought i may be abe to fix them once i could boot it, what do you think?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Let's make sure....

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal - HiJackThis™ Logs Go Here area.

Before you post a log click on this link --> You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your Hijackthis log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Advertisements

asb447

asb447

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thanks for you help! I will do that!!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
No problem :)

asb447

asb447

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
HI i'm back! I managed to save all the data so i formatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP which is great, the only help i need now is drivers. I managed to find the driver for the ethernet controller so i have internet access but i cant find any information on the video card or some unknow devices to get the right drivers, isnt there something you can downloade to your computer and it will detect your hardware and tell you what driver you need?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Firstly, make sure that backed up data is scanned well with AV, so no nasties get back on your fresh install.
As for drivers, start with computer maker web site.
What brand, and model is it?

asb447

asb447

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Will do.... its a Dell xps210