Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan.Agent Problems

• Please log in to reply

drbama

drbama

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, this is my first request to this forum so please excuse me if make a mistake.

I have followed all of the prep steps (ATFCleaner, SysRestorePoint, ERUNT, Malwarebyte Anti-Malware) as requested prior to this step, although SysRestorePoint did not work (see below). I had AVG and Spybot previously installed before these steps, so I ran those as well. As a matter of fact, I have been trying your steps and recommendations for about two weeks, but I still have problems. Today, I downloaded AVAST as well. Prior to installing I tried to uninstall the McAfee products I had running. Not sure if I completely removed them though because I still have an icon in my task bar linked to "McAfee Security Center".

Anyway, I installed AVAST, rebooted (and it ran a system scan before restarting Windows). At this point I started over with the prep steps.
1) ATF Cleaner - Successfully cleaned up x number of temp files.
2) SysRestorePoint - Unsuccessful - "SysRestorePoint.exe - Application Error App failed to intialize properly (0xc000007b)"
3) ERUNT - Successful execution.
4) Anti-Malware - Successful scan, several instances of "Trojan.Agent" found and fixed. Also, while running this I received the AVAST audio warning several times.

At this point, I decided it was time to ask for direct help from you. Please help!!

Advertisements