Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rocover Lost data

• Please log in to reply

Brooklyn420

Brooklyn420

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi A friend just recently reformatted his pc.He didnt save and backup his data .He is a criminal attorney and he lost all his files on computer.I was wondering if there is a program that allows you to recover lost data from pc after reformat.

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Recover My Files does a pretty good job of looking through a lost partition and recovery stuff. I've used it before on hard drives that have been reformatted. It's not perfect - nothing is - but it seems to do a pretty good job. The catch is, the scans can take several hours to run (I once had a hard drive sit there being scanned for over 3 days.) If your friend knows what type of files he's looking for (IE, Word docs, pictures, music, etc.) The scan will take significantly less time. Also, when it recovers stuff, it doesn't have any file names that it recovers - it only recovers the files.

bradpitt1111

bradpitt1111

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi Brooklyn!
yes there is a program called "recover data files" .you can get back all the lost files
----------------------------------------------
bradpitt1111
Criminal Attorney