Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Not Connecting To Internet

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, My name is William and I am a new member here. I have a Windows XP SP2 Intel Pentium 1.4 Processor with 496 RAM. I recently downloaded and installed a ripped game my friend sent me(I really regret installing it), after installing it I went to sleep since it was 1 am and I'm tired out. The next morning I woke up and turned on my Computer and my Modem but it doesn't detect the connection, it was working the day before I installed the game. Now I cannot connect to the internet, I've tried to switch my modem off for a while and turning it on later but it does not work. I tried asking my sister who owns a Vista to help and she said I downloaded a wrong file/program but she does not know how to fix it. I deleted everything that the game has already and rebooted my system.

Edited by Clippis, 28 February 2009 - 02:36 PM.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
First, I have to warn you about the legality of what you did, and if you still had the game on your computer, we here at GTG would not help you. As it is, I will try and assist you.

Please download and run Winsock Fix and see if that helps the issue. This repairs registry keys that are required for the networking to run properly.

Lemme know what the results are :)