Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

0x0000007a Kernel Data Inpage Error/BSOD

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I checked Google, and apparently there are some other people with the very same Unable to locate the License Agreement file DLGLICE.TXT error, but I see no solution.
Try Ultimate Boot CD: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
It has Western Digital tool on it.

Advertisements

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Broni:

Well the ultimate boot cd worked, but I think the results are not good.

The Quick Test results stated:

Test completed with read element failure
Error/Status code: 0007

The Extended Test results stated:

Unable to correct the errors found. Please contact technical support.
Error/Status code: 0226

I'm pretty sure that we may need a new hard drive :) ; however, it was booting before and I would like to see if there is any way to boot it temporarily enough to retrieve the pictures that are saved on. Any ideas?

Jenny

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Yeah, basically, error 0007 means HD failure.
Your best bet is to slave the drive in another computer, or use hard drive enclosure to try to retrieve your data.

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Broni:

That's what I thought. I don't really know how to slave the drive in another computer or how to use a hard drive enclosure. Is there some place where I can get instructions on how to perform one or both of these tasks?

Thanks,
Jenny

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
How to Slave a Hard Drive: http://www.dtidata.c...ave-hard-drive/ (with pictures)

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Broni:

My other laptops have xp. Do you know if I can slave the vista hard drive in question to an xp computer?

Thanks,
Jenny

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Of course, you can. However, because this is laptop, you'll want to use hard drive enclosure, rather.
Any electronic store should have them. You put the drive inside, and connect the whole piece to the laptop through USB cable.

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Broni:

Well, I at least have some success to report. :) I purchased an inexpensive hard drive enclosure and was able to pull up everything from the hard drive--pictures, documents, music, programs, etc. in a matter of minutes!!! It just amazes me how I can view and access everything while it is attached to a different laptop, but it fails in its own laptop. It just boggles my mind. Do you think that if I reformatted the drive it would work again, or am I just grasping at straws and it is time to throw in the towel?

Jenny

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'm glad, you got all your data back :)
With Status code: 0007, I'd let that drive RIP.

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Well, thank you, Broni, for everything and all of your help, especially the information about the ultimate boot cd and the enclosure. They were very helpful tools. As a matter of fact, I had another laptop that I had thought died about 8 months ago and I decided to try the ultimate boot cd on it and the cd repaired it and it is up and running. So, even though this hard drive is shot, at least the other one is back and as good as ever.

Thank you again,
Jenny

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're very welcome :)