Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd burning problems

• Please log in to reply

RonnieRocks

RonnieRocks

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My OS is XP.for the last several days,i've had trouble burning cd's(i burn all my cd's as data).i will burn a cd,and it will say it burned succesfully,but when i try to play it afterwards the light on my cd-rom just stays busy and the cd won't play.i've tried three different burning softwares(nero6,cdburner xp pro,and ashampoo)but the same problem appears on all of them.one thing that happens that i think may be related to the problem is that when the burning process is at anywhere from 2 to 4 percent,the light on the cd tray will blink very fast like its not gonna proceed any further,but after a couple of seconds it starts flashing normally,and as i said earlier it will say burn completed successfully,but when i try to play it back the light on the cd tray just stays busy,doesnt flash,and my cd wont work.i've tried better quality blank cd's,but still no luck.i'm about at my wits end,could someone please help me with this?i would be very grateful,thanks in advance.

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
I'll do a little research and see what comes up....

RonnieRocks

RonnieRocks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks,i would really appreciate it,im rapidly running out of free space on my hard drive

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you had this problem for a while? how old is your cd burner? have you tried different media? Have you looked at the media to see if indeed it has been burned? have you tried reading the media in a different system?

Starjax

RonnieRocks

RonnieRocks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i'e had this problem for 5 days now.yes,i have tried different media,but the same problem occurs.the burner is around 4 years old.i can't check to see if the data really burned because i cant get past the busy light on the cd tray.i have to eject,as it will go no further than that.i can still play media on disks i burned before this problem occured,but i can't play anything i've supposedly burned since all this started :tazz:

RonnieRocks

RonnieRocks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
does it sound like my burner is simply dying?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
based on the info so far I would say this is a likely possibility

RonnieRocks

RonnieRocks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
well,i went out and bought a cd burner,but i think i messed up again.i didn't notice until i got home that it says the recording capacity is 650 mb,and all my disks are 700 mb,and thats the only kind i ever see.does that mean this burner won't work on 700 mb?if not,ill just have to take the burner back.

x KJT x

x KJT x

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
What kind of cd burner is and is it brand new?

RonnieRocks

RonnieRocks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
the brand is"LITEON"/the model number is SOHR-5238S06C.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
should be ok. most burners don't support 700meg officially. LiteOn is the largest manufacture of cd burners, readers, ect.

Starjax

RonnieRocks

RonnieRocks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
ok,thanks.and thanks to all that replied,i really appreciate it,this is a good site,thanks again