Here's what I have: Amplifier / DVD-VCR Combo / Double Cassette Tape Deck / Turntable / Two speakers / Television set with cable box / Cable company remote for TV / Remote for DVD-VCR combo / Remote for amp (only controls volume and on/off).
1) I would like to be able to play movies on DVD or VHS on my television and have the option of sound through my speakers.
2) I would like to be able to copy from an LP record to an audio cassette. (If I can copy from LP record to a CD on the DVD player, that would be nice, but I suspect I can't).
3) I don't have a separate CD player – So I need to be able to play my CDs on the DVD player.
4) I guess the cable box has to be taken into account.
5) I never record movies from the TV onto a DVD or Tape, so I don't need that.
I guess that's it. I would appreciate any help or step by step instructions. Thanks much to all.