Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOW TO CONNECT AUDIO COMPONENTS- AND TV

• Please log in to reply

Prominent Critic

Prominent Critic

• Pip
  • 2 posts
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CONNECT TOGETHER ALL MY AUDIO COMPONENTS, AND TELEVISION SET (WITH CABLE BOX).

Here's what I have: Amplifier / DVD-VCR Combo / Double Cassette Tape Deck / Turntable / Two speakers / Television set with cable box / Cable company remote for TV / Remote for DVD-VCR combo / Remote for amp (only controls volume and on/off).

1) I would like to be able to play movies on DVD or VHS on my television and have the option of sound through my speakers.

2) I would like to be able to copy from an LP record to an audio cassette. (If I can copy from LP record to a CD on the DVD player, that would be nice, but I suspect I can't).

3) I don't have a separate CD player – So I need to be able to play my CDs on the DVD player.

4) I guess the cable box has to be taken into account.

5) I never record movies from the TV onto a DVD or Tape, so I don't need that.

I guess that's it. I would appreciate any help or step by step instructions. Thanks much to all.

Advertisements

BigBadBaj

BigBadBaj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Need to know what RECIEVER u will be using...and what type of connections(RCA, Component, Composite, Digital Optical,...?)are available on each component...It's actually a complicated process to do without seeing it...

Prominent Critic

Prominent Critic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi –
Thanks for replying. Actually, I don't know what kind of connections I have, because I can't see or get at them. But most of my components, except the DVD/VCR are at least ten years old, and I'm ninety-five percent sure that they all use those red and white jacks, I guess they're RCA plugs.

Could you possibly just tell me the "this out goes to this in" etc., for the various pieces, with the assumption that they all take an RCA.

Thanks again.