Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Digital camera problems

• Please log in to reply

Woolis

Woolis

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I have a Sanyo VPC S1070 digital camera.

I could take pictures and put them on my computer, but not the videos.

So, after reading the owners manuel, it says to use the Arcsoft photoimpression for photos, and Arcsoft Videoimpression for video, both come on the install CD, which has been installed.

Could not find Videoimpression on the computer, so I tried to run the cd again, still no videoimpression.

I tried uninstalling and re running the disc.

Now I have nothing, and each time I run the disc, none of it gets on the computer except for the PDF for the owner's manuel.

Edited by Woolis, 01 March 2009 - 08:11 PM.

Advertisements

Woolis

Woolis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
By the way, the camera works fine on my brother's computer for uploading pictures and video.

Woolis

Woolis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hmm, I think maybe I posted this in the wrong forum?

If so, I apologize.

So, if it works on another computer but not mine, could it be antivirus or firewall causing the problem for my computer?

Thanks, Woolis

tester01

tester01

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Any luck with your camera problem?

I just purchased a Sanyo VPC s1070 as well. I'm still trying to break it.
I mean, it $90 at Walmart (I saw one for $75 on ebay). it was sitting next to the older model, s1060 which was going for $120. So what's wrong with it? I haven't found a problem yet

10 Mega pixels, only a 3x zoom, but it gets a 5 digital which compares very closely to the 5x zoom on my Sony (Carl Zeiss lens?) The barreries are AA, but I'm beginning to think that it's better than the weird square batteries (expensive). So I can carry a few extra rechargable batteries, or get some at the gas station if I run out.

Ok, geeking done. Your problem? Sounds like the computer of course. What operating system do you run? If it's not at least XP (maybe 2000) then that'll be it. Also, you could try another USB port on the computer. Sometimes devices won't get the juice they need from a USB located in the front to the computer. (I have a Sansa View MP3 player like that) Try one in the back.

Hope that helps.

Woolis

Woolis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, I have windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

I have gotten it to work now, for pictures, not video, just like it did originally.

I ran Ccleaner, and it found some issue with something not being correct(I clicked on repair issue), then I re-installed it(the Sanyo install disc), and can download pictures!

Now I'm trying to figure out why it will not detect my camera in Video Impression 2, I have tried different USB ports, still not working.

tester01

tester01

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Honestly, I haven't even looked at the software that came with the camera. I usually ignore that stuff as some kind of a joke.

Maybe I don't understand your problem clearly. Are you trying to get the program to work? or are you just trying to get the pictures and video from the camera to the computer?

If it's the latter, then plug in the camera and try going to My Computer and looking for the "mass storage device" (maybe listed as SANYO E: ). It should be as simple as opening the folder and grabbing the file. That's how I do it.

Edited by tester01, 15 March 2009 - 10:38 PM.