Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Browsing Speed

• Please log in to reply

cavfan

cavfan

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Does anybody know how to adjust browsing speed as compared to download speed. I ran across the idea a while back, but can't remember how it's done. I have Wildblue's Pro Pack satellite service. We have a router with 3 computers on it. I would also be interested in any tips to speed up the browsing and download both:)

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Does anybody know how to adjust browsing speed as compared to download speed. I ran across the idea a while back, but can't remember how it's done. I have Wildblue's Pro Pack satellite service. We have a router with 3 computers on it. I would also be interested in any tips to speed up the browsing and download both:)

Hello cavfan

The only way to adjust your download/browsing speed is to upgrade your internet service, hence only your ISP (Internet Service Provider) can change this. No software can do this for you as your internet comes from your ISP.

Although you get your internet from a satalite this does not help and I have always found this to be slow. If you can I would advise getting cable as this is alot faster than any dial-up service.

Regards

cavfan

cavfan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Huh Ya I wish! I live in the mountains and this is all Ive got. Anyways I'm not sure if I was clear on my question? I only meant that I had thought there was a way to let's say increase the download speed at the expense of the browsing speed or vice versa. I realize that satellite is much slower as a whole.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

increase the download speed at the expense of the browsing

Browsing, and downloading involves pretty much same procedure. Browsing IS downloading - little pieces of codes=web pages.