Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel vs. AMD

• Please log in to reply

FCCAGut

FCCAGut

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Oh my gosh, my friend started this war on which was faster and it got into a big argument. I'm going with Intel and he's with AMD, and I'm saying it's better for games and the infrastructure and the clock speeds are just better, with AMD it feels like I just opened a program. Who is right on this one? I do not like arguing with computer stuff with anyone.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
He's right and you're wrong! Oh wait, I meant to say that you're wrong and he's right! Hey, but he couldn't be right, right? Right or wrong??? AMD is definitely better than Intel... everyone knows that... and all things point to the fact that compared to Intel, AMD is much slower. Yup, Intel is definitely better than AMD! If you ask me, and you did, then I have to say that without AMD or Intel, Cyrix would be the CPU to rule them all! Of course if you're too young to know Cyrix, then nevermind because Cyrix sucked and is why they're long gone! Then again without knowing exactly what you want to do to that AMD chip, then take the Intel by all means! On the other hand, if you're absolutely sure you want the Intel, then by all means buy an AMD... you won't regret it! Yes, CPU wars have been going on forever... I'm surprised this is your first one! Did you miss the one in 1995, '96, '97, '98,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,'08? No, I didn't miss any years. Every 5 years people get tired of CPU wars, so there's a lull in the useless bickering! This year was supposed to be a peaceful year... that is, until you and your friend started a war!!! In any case, if you're looking for someone to side with you, or perhaps just want other people to get involved with your war... then run for President, give my hard earned tax money away to rich bankers so they can buy their airplanes, then give me a $13 tax break per week, and call me happy!

You weren't really serious posting this topic, were you? :)

CWP

CWP

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

He's right and you're wrong! Oh wait, I meant to say that you're wrong and he's right! Hey, but he couldn't be right, right? Right or wrong??? AMD is definitely better than Intel... everyone knows that... and all things point to the fact that compared to Intel, AMD is much slower. Yup, Intel is definitely better than AMD! If you ask me, and you did, then I have to say that without AMD or Intel, Cyrix would be the CPU to rule them all! Of course if you're too young to know Cyrix, then nevermind because Cyrix sucked and is why they're long gone! Then again without knowing exactly what you want to do to that AMD chip, then take the Intel by all means! On the other hand, if you're absolutely sure you want the Intel, then by all means buy an AMD... you won't regret it! Yes, CPU wars have been going on forever... I'm surprised this is your first one! Did you miss the one in 1995, '96, '97, '98,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,'08? No, I didn't miss any years. Every 5 years people get tired of CPU wars, so there's a lull in the useless bickering! This year was supposed to be a peaceful year... that is, until you and your friend started a war!!! In any case, if you're looking for someone to side with you, or perhaps just want other people to get involved with your war... then run for President, give my hard earned tax money away to rich bankers so they can buy their airplanes, then give me a $13 tax break per week, and call me happy!

You weren't really serious posting this topic, were you? :)

By the way, the $13 per week tax break that you are refering to...its not actually a tax break. The weekly withholdings were adjusted but the tax liability has not. So, that means you'll be paying the gov less each week and at the end of the year...they will be getting it back. Most americans are too dumb to realize that.