Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot get e-mail images

• Please log in to reply

ptwil

ptwil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is the happening:

I receive an email on Yahoo which has photo attachments (JPG file type)

When I click on an attachment I get the following error message on the Microsoft Photo Program:

File C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\local Settings\Temporary Internet

Files,\Content.IE5\DTYCFKQ1\chicken%20frying[1].jpg is in use by another program

Save your changes, close other programs, and then try again

The Microsoft Photo Program is authomatically triggered onto the screen at the exact time I click the attachment ID.

Advertisements

TDTT

TDTT

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ptwill,

Try this. Go to the email in question and right click on the picture to see if the "save as" option pops up. If it does then save the file to your computer, I recommend your desktop.

Once you have done that you can try double clicking to see if it opens. If you still get the error, right click the photo on your desktop and choose "open with" and open it with another photo program.

You should have some other photo program, the default with windows is "Windows picture and Fax viewer". Try that. :)