Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe rises to 50% cpu when browsing network drivers

• Please log in to reply

zaff

zaff

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,

I have had this problem with my computer for the last couple of days. I consider myself quite well oriented with computers, but this one I really haven't been able to fix yet. The whole system works fine when browsing my local discs, using the internet or whatever. But whenever I browse my server computer on the network, explorer.exe rises to 50% cpu usage and stays there until I kill it, and then I'm forced to either reboot or relog to get back to normal. It's not rising to 50% right away, but maybe after some minutes.

I have done plenty of virus checks on both computers but I have come up with nothing. Really frustrating since it just started to behave like this a couple of days ago. I have read through most of the threads on this site with people having similar issues, and I have tried most solutions with misc. programs to see whats wrong.. but nothing.

Here's my Hijackthislog from earlier when explorer.exe rose to 50% again. (with most of my programs shut off)
I have scrolled through it and can't see anything that should be causing this, but maybe I'm missing something..

Any help is appreciated. I suppose I could post a HJT log from the server, but I really don't have much installed on it except Apache.
My system spec:

Nvidia Geforce 7950GT
Intel Core 2 CPU - 6300 @ 1.86GHz
4 GB ram
Using Win XP with SP3 (all updates are up to date)

Advertisements