Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PNY video card 9800 GTX prob

• Please log in to reply

FireBird5150

FireBird5150

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have a PNY 9800GTX video card with its updated drivers. When i play any game, it varies from 5 minutes into the game to 2 hours then it gets all "squary" or pixelates or it just freezes. My Pc then is very slow to exit the game. takes about 3 minutes to get back to the desktop. I tryed lowering the settings, maxing the settings and everything in between. PLZ help me i have no idea what to do.

My PC specs are

XP professional
service pack 2
3.40 Ghz
2Gb of ram
intel/pentium

plz help

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
sorry no one got to you for so long :)

sounds like your video card is getting hot...
go here and get everest home...install and

launch it...click the + by computer...click on sensor...get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

also click on overclock...get a screenshot and post it too...

bloto21

bloto21

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
similar problem I had long time ago asus 9800 gtx the software which wac joined to the drivers on cd was stopping fan at all!!! uninstall any software which come with that card and go to nvidia website and download new drivers. But first uninstall all , restart, and then install new. Open case and look that the fan is spininng. aftert this when you check the problem is still happening get some software to controll fan manually a then set manually fan sped for example at 55 degrease run at 60% 65 degrease run at 70% etc.

FireBird5150

FireBird5150

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
here are the screen shots u asked for

Attached Files

• Attached File  temp.doc   202.5KB   29 downloads