Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP on Continuous reboot on log in screen.

• Please log in to reply

xriz

xriz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Start computer up, the Windows loading screen comes up with loading bar working at the bottom, about the time it should actually start Windows it flashes a blue screen, then goes black, you get a beep and the computer does a reboot. It will do this on a continual loop if you leave it.

I can start the computer up fine in safe mode. I’ve used the system restore feature from a couple of dates going back a month or two but I still get the same problem.

The weird thing is, after booting into safe mode, if I don’t use the auto re start after a system restore or just exit out of the safe mode and re start in regular mode, windows will start up fine about half the time. If the computer boots successfully into a windows sesscion it works fine, that's how I'm posting now.

The problem seems to have started after being on line, clicking a link that tried to load up a PDF file in the internet explorer and froze explorer up. I cleared explorer off with the task manager and re started explorer fine, about 5 minutes later the computer just re booted it’s self and then the next time I tried to start the computer the next day I started getting this problem.

Advertisements