Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

power surge shut down computer

• Please log in to reply

moyra

moyra

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
hi all

the power flicked on and off twice a couple of weeks ago as it was at that time. my computer was on and when i went to restart it didnt load. i couldnt get into safe mode but i did manage to get it to boot from cd and did a repair. the repair said it had bad sectors and said it had fixed it. it restarted and it was no better so i tried the dskch again and it said the a damaged sector could not be repaired now if i turn it on it just comes up bad disc read.

well thats the story but what i would like to know is if i take it to a computer technician would they be able to save any of my programs, photo's etc etc or is has it done too much damage.

i would appreciate your advice

thanks
moyra

Advertisements

rinconjoe

rinconjoe

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
buy another hard drive slave the old one behind transfer docs and pictures too new one,

moyra

moyra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
thanks rinconjoe

ok, i had heard that that could be done but i thought i would ask your expert advice. when i pick up a new hard drive i will be back to ask how to do that. thank you again. i will over the moon if i can save anything.
moyra