Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Geekstogo.com website Problem?

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi,

First off, I have no idea where to post if there is a problem with the actual website lol.

I was going to reply to a topic but I couldn't insert the link I wanted because the button is not there. Either is fonts, color, quote box button. All of it is gone. Is this a website thing or my computer?

Thanks,

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Ferrari,

Do you have some screenshots?
Is there a space there for the buttons or the space for the buttons not even there?

For future info this type of topic would probibly be better suited in feedback.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Posted Image

Well, there ya go. I don't know how to get the actual image into the forum. I resize on image shack, but then what do I do? Other sites won't work because of how my pictures are saved in paint. .bmp I think.

Anyway,

I don't remember what it is supposed to look like. So I don't know if there is a gap or not. I was just used to it being there...now its not.

Sorry for posting here and not in feedback, just wasn't sure. LOL Just relized, emoticons are gone too =)

J.R.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Posted Image

I found a way LOL. Sorry.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Ferrari,

Thank you can you give the URL at the top?

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Posted Image

There ya go...there is supposed to be those buttons there right? Just making sure I'm not some how in the wrong place or having a brain lapse.

Thanks,

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
Ferrari,

It might be a browser cache issue. Try running ATF Cleaner and see if it helps.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
You may be on to something except could ATF Cleaner have caused the problem? I just ran ATF Cleaner about a couple hours before I noticed this problem.

Also, now when I go to attribune's website and try to download it, when I get to the part that it is supposed to start downloading, it says the webpage could not be displayed. So, I went to download.com to see if I could get it there, and same exact thing.

Does that help?

Reason I don't have it on my computer anymore is: I tried renaming my shortcut for it, when I did that the ICON became a plain white peice of paper, so I was just like oh well, I'll just delete it. (Something along those lines LOL)

EDIT: I tried using IE to reply to a topic and the buttons and everything were there. So the problem is related just to Firefox. And I just noticed, by editing this reply, I have the bold, italics, underline, insert, etc buttons there. But still not when I just reply.

Also, certain buttons/links aren't working on websites. On ebay, I'm trying to edit some information and the edit button gets highlighted with a dotted line around it, but nothing happpens when clicked. As if I was clicking on a plain white background. Same thing is happening on newegg when I try to view pictures of an item I'm looking at. It will show the first picture I click on, but when I go to the top and select another picture, again, nothing as if I was clicking on something that wasn't a link. But I know these are buttons/links from past experience
Thanks,

Edited by Ferrari, 03 March 2009 - 11:52 AM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
Did you run ATF Cleaner with Firefox open? That can sometimes cause problems - I had that happen with one of my users in malware one time. In Firefox, go to Tools > Clear Private Data. Make sure Cookies are checked, then click Clear Private Data Now. Close and reopen Firefox and see if it works.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
TADA!!!

Sari, what is your IQ? :)

That worked! The buttons on the reply page are back and I tested newegg and I am able to click on the other pictures and all.

Thanks once again Sari.

I didn't know I should have firefox closed when I run ATF Cleaner.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
Well, I actually to learn that the hard way - someone else clued me in when it happened to my user. You've learned something new again, anyway. :)

Sari, what is your IQ?

It depends on the day. It ranges from 12 - 26!

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
My IQ is 190 - 210. I just have a hard time applying my self :) ::kidding::

Thanks, I'll remember to close firefox next time.

See ya around.