Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound card no longer sees audio input jack

• Please log in to reply

artygeek

artygeek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all! I'm new to the forums here and I have a problem,

I recently purchased a brand new acer aspire 8930G laptop(very very nice and fun computer) and I updated the drivers that were out of date, every new driver installed fine except for the sound card driver. After I installed the sound card update from realtek the sound card no longer recognizes the audio input jack, simple enough I just rolled back the driver, when before the inputs all worked fine, well when it rolled back now my volume slider on the outside of the laptop is no longer in sync with the volume in the OS and the microphone I use for gaming(I use vent for WoW) was very very faint. now here's the fun part, realtek told me I installed the driver wrong(I didnt install the driver manually so I don't see how its my fault) and to reinstall the update, I did and now the audio input jack doesn't work at all(even when I rolled it back a second time) and the volume slider still doesn't work though it shows on screen it is adjusting the volume. nothing is muted and the volume is up as high as i can get it. also in the sound menu the line in selection is grayed out, and my other microphone built into the computer is not working either.

here are my system specs:
Windows vista home premium SP1 64-bit

High Definition audio device: driver provider(microsoft) driver version(6.0.6000.16386)

Thank you for your help! :) this problem has me very frustrated and realtek tech support didnt help at all.

Advertisements

artygeek

artygeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
*UPDATE* fixed the problem for now... im not sure how either haha. MODS, DELETE THIS TOPIC PLEASE.