Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop wont start

• Please log in to reply

cpo312

cpo312

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi Geeks to go.

My Compaq Presario v4000 laptop started to act strange recently. When I turned the laptop on it would try to start but freezes or hangs on me. It would not do anything again until I tilt it to the right at an angle of 45 degrees, then it would resume to work normally again. On a flat surface my laptop would freeze until tilted to 45 degrees angle. My clock was off by 2hours and I could not do system restore also. So I opened the back of the laptop to see if anything was loose or not sitting right. I observed that the hard disk drive was out of connection or was loose and not fully connected so I pushed it in to make a full connection. I also took out the ram sticks and re-seated them firmly into their slots.
I turned my laptop on and all I observed was the sound of the fan whirring on and off and the hard disk drive just makes a click sound on and off. and these continue on and off until I turn the laptop off with the power button. THe power led light is yellow or amber and the hard disk led light is yellow also and they keep turning on and off also with the whirring sound of the fan and the click sound of the hard disk drive. I have Windows XP OS. Please heeeeeeeeeeeelp. :)

Advertisements