Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burning YouTube converted files with Nero 7 Ultra

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I downloaded a movie from YouTube and converted it to a wmv using Media Converter and saved it to my pc, but when I try to burn it on a disc for my own use, all is well, execept I lose the audio about 10 seconds into the movie. I've tried using DVD=RW and tried making it as a VCD and tried burning at various speeds but to no avail. Same thing happens I lose the audio signal for the entirety of the movie. It plays well on my pc.

waynf

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
as a general rule of thumb....if a website want's their content freely downloadable and distributable...they'll put a download link....since youtube DOESN"T have a download link...you can assume that it's not their intended purpose.... their Terms of use actually explicitly state that:

[quote name='http://youtube.com/t/terms']A. You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Website, including but not limited to User Submissions (defined below), without YouTube's prior written authorization.

C. You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or YouTube Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Website itself, the YouTube Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate

Section 5

B. You may access User Submissions solely:

for your information and personal use;
as intended through the normal functionality of the YouTube Service; and
for Streaming.
"Streaming" means a contemporaneous digital transmission of an audiovisual work via the Internet from the YouTube Service to a user's device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be copied, stored, permanently downloaded, or redistributed by the user. Accessing User Videos for any purpose or in any manner other than Streaming is expressly prohibited. User Videos are made available "as is."

F. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the YouTube Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the YouTube Website or the Content therein.[/quote]
so basically the youtube terms of use expressly forbid the saving of any content from their site in any way shape or form other than the embedded youtube player.